Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snap on "parts"

Well, in my last post I mentioned the relationship between structures and streams. However, an interesting thing happened that got me thinking about the other two characteristics of a Rolon - wholes and parts.

When I went back and looked at my own post, my attention was caught by the two embedded links in the post (hashtags and twemes). It turns out that I also have SnapShots running on my machine. For those of you who don't use it, SnapShots displays a call-out icon next to each hyperlink. When I move my cursor over a link I get a pop up of a 3" or so square call-out box with a miniature preview of the web page at the other side of the link.

This got me thinking. Since my post included references (rolonic classifiers) to these other web sites they became part of the context of my post. Since they were rendered by SnapShots I guess they are a perfect representation of a whole and its snap on "parts". Interesting!!!

No comments: